Have you ever wondered why some basketball players seem to make everything looks so easy and effortless? You try and try, train hard and seemingly work on the right things, but others just keep taking bigger strides and making more progress. Maybe you’ve felt…
- A lack of confidence in yourself and your own ability as a basketball player?
- Somewhat inadequate and incapable of improving at the rate of your team mates?
- Like you just don’t understand the game of basketball as well as others do?
Or maybe you’re a basketball coach and you feel as though you could be giving more to your team if you only had a little more knowledge about different aspects of the game.
Why do some basketball players struggle while others thrive?
The game of basketball isn’t always about how much work you put in or how much time you spend training. Instead it’s all about working on the key fundamental areas that will take your game to another level — working on the 20% of things that will get you 80% of the results on the basketball court. However, most players and coaches have it the wrong way around and instead focus on the 80% of skills that only account for 20% of the result.
Isn’t it about time we snapped out of our old patterns of conditioning and started focusing on fundamental basketball skills that will make the biggest on the individual and team?
My Personal Struggles as a Coach
When I first started out coaching basketball my training sessions were disjointed and lacked specific focus and direction. This reflected in my team’s performance on the basketball court. No matter how hard we worked during training we continued to struggle in games on the basketball court.
I would conduct long and drawn-out training sessions that were focused on areas of the game that were difficult for junior kids to learn and understand. In essence I “jumped the gun” and began focusing on the 80% of skills that most of the kids just weren’t ready to learn. This caused a lot of frustration and disappointment for both players and coaches.
What I failed to realize at the time was that I should’ve been focusing on ONLY key fundamental areas of the game and not trying to teach kids everything they needed to know about basketball.
My struggles as a coach forced me to rethink my strategy
Struggling as a basketball coach forced me to rethink my coaching strategy. I approached several basketball mentors and asked them for some guidance and feedback. They all informed me that I needed to redirect my focus and work on ONLY fundamental areas that would significantly improve my team’s results during trainings and games. They instructed me to focus on nine key fundamental basketball areas that are critical to a basketball player’s development. These areas included:
- Basketball Mindset
- Shooting Skills
- Dribbling Skills
- Passing Skills
- Defensive Skills
- Offensive Skills
- Rebounding Skills
- Post-Play Skills
- Movement Tactics
Each of these areas is quite expansive in itself. However, what I needed to do was to identify the 20% of training skills and drills I needed to teach my kids that would get them 80% of their results on the basketball court.
Unlocking the 20% Formula for Developing Junior Basketball Players
Over the course of several years I attended a number of basketball clinics, observed experienced coaches and purchased several basketball training videos. I collated and pieced together all this information and went about the process trying to figure out what these coaches were teaching that had the biggest impact on their players and team performance.
I eventually pieced the fundamental 20% of things I learned about coaching basketball into a series of mind maps for easy reference for both coaches and players. This 20% became the fundamental core of the Basketball MVP bundle presented on this page. It certainly doesn’t reveal everything about the game of basketball, however it does provide you with the key specific skills and frameworks that will have the biggest impact on you as a coach or player.
Why do you present the material within a mind map?
This material is presented within a mind map because of it’s simplicity and easy of use.
Here are some key advantages that result from using a mind map as a reference tool on a particular topic area:
- Provides you with a clear “big picture” overview of the topic.
- Outlines key subject areas, allowing for an analysis of detailed information.
- Provides a learning platform that is easy to reference, use and recall.
- Improves your capacity to remember related chunks of information.
- Helps unlock hidden understandings within information chunks, encouraging greater insights.
- Encourages the capacity for creative associations.
- Helps improve imagination and creative thinking.
- Enhances levels of concentration.
- Stimulates “comparison thinking”.
So What’s Included in the Basketball MVP Bundle Pack?
The Basketball MVP bundle pieces together some of the best information, strategies, tools and techniques about the game of basketball for junior players. The nine mind maps that are included within this package are designed to help you take your basketball game to another level. Keep reading to learn more about each mind map and how it could potentially assist you in reaching your basketball goals.
#1: Basketball Shooting Skills
This mind map will help you to improve your basketball shooting skills. The mind map goes through the fundamental techniques and steps that a player must go through in order to improve their shooting. The mind map explores the following areas:
- The Ultimate Basketball Mindset: Identifies the intricacies that go into building an empowering and resilient basketball mindset.
- Check Before Shooting Basketball: Presents a checklist of what you must pay attention to before shooting the basketball.
- Check During Your Shot: Presents a checklist of what you must be aware of while shooting the basketball.
- Check After Your Shot: Presents a checklist that will help improve your shooting technique after you have shot the basketball.
- Debilitating Basketball Shooting Habits: Identifies a number of debilitating shooting habits that sabotage your success when shooting a basketball.
- Read Basketball Shooting Skills Article
#2: Basketball Dribbling Skills
This mind map will help you to improve your basketball dribbling skills. The mind map goes through the step-by-step fundamentals you must master to improve your ball-handling skills. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Tips for Training: Provides you training techniques, tips and strategies that will help you become a far more proficient ball-handler.
- In the Game Tactics: Presents you with the three different types of In-Game dribbling techniques and how they should be used throughout the game.
- Dribbling Strategies: Breaks down real In-Game scenarios and the dribbling techniques to use to overcome one-on-one defensive traps and sets.
- Read Basketball Dribbling Skills Article
#3: Basketball Passing Skills
This mind map will help you to improve your basketball passing skills. The mind map takes you through a variety of different types of passes you can utilize throughout a basketball game. It effectively breaks down passing techniques with one hand, two hands and off the dribble strategies. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Off the Dribble Passing: Breaks down the Air Pass, Bounce Pass, Hook Pass and Discus Pass.
- One Hand Passing: Breaks down the Air Flick, Bounce Pass (standard, drop, hook), Wrap Around, Around the Back, Sky Hook, Lop Pass, Down Up Wrist Flick, Bowling Pass, Baseball Pass and Dribble Pitch.
- Two Hand Passing: Breaks down the Bounce Pass, Dribble Pitch, Overhead Pass, Against the Grain Pass, Across the Face Skip Pass, and Chest Pass.
- Read the Basketball Passing Skills Article
#4: Basketball Defensive Skills
This mind map will help improve your basketball defensive skills. The mind map takes you through the fundamentals of how to play solid one-on-one defense during a basketball game. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Defensive Stance: Breaks down the fundamental principles behind the defensive stance including feet and hand positioning.
- Defensive Footwork: Presents the basics of defensive footwork that is necessary to keep your opponent between you and the basket.
- General Defensive Tips: Provides several fundamental tips and strategies that will help you become a defensive genius on the basketball court.
- Read Basketball Defensive Skills Article
#5: Basketball Offensive Skills
This mind map will help improve your basketball offensive skills. The mind map takes you through the fundamentals of the offensive game step-by-step. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Fundamentals of the Triple Threat Position: Breaks down the body position and the mechanics of the Triple Threat stance.
- Beating Defensive Pressure: Presents the fundamental things you should know that will enable you to easily breakthrough defensive pressure.
- Attacking the Basket: Once you have broken through the defensive pressure, now it’s time to learn how to attack and finish at the basket.
- Read Basketball Offensive Skills Article
#6: Basketball Rebounding Skills
This mind map will help improve your basketball rebounding skills. The mind map takes you through the fundamentals of rebounding on the offensive and defensive end of the floor. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Rebounding Technique: Discover how to develop a solid rebouding technique by learning what to do before, during and after a rebound.
- Zone Rebounding: Strengthen your observations skills and discover how to Box-Out your opponent and how to position yourself for a rebound within a zone defense.
- Man-2-Man Rebounding: Strengthen your observations skills and discover how to Box-Out your opponent and how to position yourself for a rebound within a man-two-man defense.
- Read Basketball Rebounding Skills Article
#7: Basketball Post Play Skills
This mind map will help improve your basketball post-play skills. The mind map takes you through the fundamental techniques and strategies you can utilize to score and find position in the post. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Post Play Basics: Learn the basics of how to play in the Post, including Post Positioning, Shooting, Faking Shots and Drawing Fouls.
- In the Game: Discover what to do and what NOT to do when getting open in the Post. Also learn the fundamentals of how to receive the ball with one and two hands in the Post.
- Training Moves: Here are some basic, intermediate and more advanced Post Play training moves for you to practice on a weekly basis.
- Post Play Tips: What does it take to become a great Post Player? Here you will get an insight into the mindset, skills, and game tactics that are used consistently by great Post Players at the highest level.
- Read Basketball Post-Play Skills Article
#8: Basketball Movement Tactics
This mind map will help improve how you move on the basketball court. The mind map take you through the fundamental court awareness you must have to move effectively on the basketball court with and without the ball. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Playing on the Perimeter: Discover what to do with the ball when you receive a pass on the perimeter in response to your defender’s positioning.
- Types of Screens: Learn about the fundamental principles behind screening, and how to set the perfect screen for your teammates that will lead to more scoring opportunities for your team.
- Intelligent Basketball Movement: Discover how to move on the basketball court throughout the game individually, in pairs, and as a team within the motion offense.
- Read Basketball Movement Tactics Article
#9: Basketball Mindset
This mind map will help you to upgrade your basketball mindset. The mind map will enable you to develop a solid and resilient mindset that is necessary to cultivate as a basketball player. The mind map explores the following key areas:
- Superstar Attitude: The personal and team spirit you must cultivate within yourself, and the pitfalls you must be aware of if you aspire to be a great basketball player.
- Mindset for Training: Presents several mindset strategies for approaching your basketball training sessions and the fundamental factors you should be working on after your training sessions.
- Mindset for Games: Presents mental techniques and strategies you must cultivate before, during and after your basketball matches.
- Read Basketball Mindset Article
Receive Nine Premium High Resolution Mind Maps
Click on the images below to view the premium mind maps that are included within this bundle pack. All mind maps are downloadable in a high resolution format ideal for printing.
Regular Price =
Each mind map within the Basketball MVP bundle is available as a high resolution pdf file that is ideal for printing.
Who is the Basketball MVP bundle for?
The Basketball MVP bundle package is for you if:
- You’re a beginner to intermediate basketball coach wanting to learn more about the fundamental skill areas of basketball.
- You’re a basketball coach who wants to incorporate these skills areas into your junior coaching program.
- You’re a junior basketball player who wants to take their game to the next level.
- You’re simply curious to learn more about the game of basketball.
Who Should Not Purchase the Basketball MVP Bundle?
You should not purchase the basketball MVP bundle pack if you are looking for a quick fix. Even though these fundamental skills represent the core elements of basketball, they will however take time to learn and master over a period of months and years. Use and incorporate them into your training regime, however understand that in the end your players will only be as good as your instructions and levels of discipline.
If you’re a player looking for an easy way to improve your game, than this package is not for you. Incorporating all these skills takes work, discipline, effort and time.
How to Use these Mind Maps
Each of these mind maps can be used as an effective reference poster to keep you on track and focused in the right direction. Simply print out the mind map you wish to learn and master and post it on your wall, refrigerator, bathroom mirror, beside your bed, or in your office for easy reference throughout the day. Alternatively you can also place the mind map you want to study on your desktop as a background.
Bonus: Basketball Manuals
If you order today you will receive 12 basketball manuals that break down each of the mind maps. They also provide you insight into coaching the game of basketball and helping your players reach their highest potential.
The manuals included within this bonus include:
- Basketball Skills Checklist
- Training Strategy
- Shooting Skills
- Defensive Skills
- Ball Handling Skills
- Passing Skills
- Rebounding Skills
- Offensive Skills
- Movement Tactics
- Post-Play Skills
- Basketball Mindset
- Game Strategy
Over 100+ pages of content that will help you better understand the mind maps as well as how to coach more effectively during training sessions and games.
Regular Price =
If you purchase the Basketball MVP bundle pack today you will SAVE over 50% off the regular price.
Total Value =
Pay Only = $47.00 AUD
Our 21 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee
Review the product for a period of three weeks, and if after 21 days you’re not happy with your purchase simply email us and receive a full refund of your purchase price. The money back guarantee period expires after 30 days as affiliate commissions need to be paid.
To order the Basketball MVP bundle pack simply click on the yellow “order now” button below and you will be given the option to pay via PayPal or Credit Card using PayPal as the payment processor. You therefore don’t need to have a PayPal account in order to make your purchase.
Before you click on the Order Now
button, I just thought I would let you know that you can gain access to over 150+
self-growth mind maps (including the Basketball MVP maps) when you invest in an IQ Matrix lifetime membership